Sunday, 6 May 2007

It is all quiet in the house, nothing stirred not even a SNAKE!

A couple of weeks ago, while I was overseas, Gabi sent me an email entitled, What a surprise! Well here are the photos of that little surprise. A 3' python had found his way into the pool. Made, our gardener rendered it suitable for a belt with a belt. Gabi quickly asked him not to hack the head off as it would leave the spirit of the snake here and she didn't want to be haunted by such a beasty!

So I left this tit-bit so long, I had sort of forgotten about it up until I was on that same bit of lawn as I made my way to the guest house and my computer, you get that Hmmm. Would be interesting to step on one of those at night! NOT!

So Today we drove down the Bukit to Nusa Dua. In amongst all the resorts there is a little carpark and a tiny beach where it is not Private Property. The beach along the front of the resorts is for hotel guests only, can you believe that! How can someone own a beach! The bit left over was nice so we strolled around there. Oscar was heating up and had tannie after tannie in the park.

Later we drove to Ulluwatu, well the temple down there. We watched the sun set from the cliffs. The monkeys tried in vain to steal my camera bag and Maxi spotted a group of dolphins out to see.

From there we drove back towards home but threw a left at Jimbaran Beach. Where down on the sand is the seafood markets. The restaurant I wanted to sit in was full so we had to settle for next door. We had a fish, a half kilo of prawns, Sate Chicken, Indonesian Spinach and rice. The boys had red Fanta's and Gabi and I had Mixed juices. I had 2 in fact. The whole lot was RP 200 000. (A$27.10) Which i thought a little expensive. But it was good. Damn tasty! We played Uno and Gabi won. The tables are right down on the beach sand and you watch the planes line up and come in. The only problem is the smoke. I can smell it on my clothes even now. Gabi and Max both complained that it hurt their eyes. Oscar and I didn't seem to get it. It was a nice way to finish the weekend.

The rest of the weekend consisted of rising early and going surfing. I haven't gotten the photos off the camera of today so I may have to post them later or let them slide. I do have some shots of Maxi and his friend Mian surfing out at Tugu.

Mian's dad, Louie who is our resident photographer was with us both mornings. Today he had to seek shelter in the rocks while the heavens opened up. Imagine, it's 7.30am still as, a grey hue to everything, the sea isn't water it's like oil and then these big tropical droplets of water come splashing down, they explode everywhere. A swell rises out the back and peaks then breaks. the only sound is the massive droplets drumming out their tune on the deck of my surfboard. Twas magic!

The boys surfing is coming up a treat! But do not take my word for it. Have a look yourself! Fluff these added photos are for you!

Anyway here is a summary of todays action. Maxi is sporting a white rashy and long hair. Mian is in a bright orange rashy. And if you look closely in one of the shots you can see the professor on a wave out behind the boys!

Until next time.


Salamat Malam

No comments: